Tuesday, January 26, 2010

homework & "Girls from Ames"

Joel decided that my bed would be a good place to do his homework :-)


I finished reading the book "The Girls from Ames" this morning. This is a book about eleven girls who grew up together as friends and kept their friendship into adulthood. The basic idea of the book was incredible: for eleven girls to stay best friends all through grade school, junior high, and high school is difficult. Then they stayed in touch after high school and have helped each other through many difficulties of life. I started getting a little tired of the liberal presentation of most of the information, but it was sometimes balanced with conservative views of some of the friends. I'm glad I read the book -- it was interesting and well-written. But when I read about the book, I was thinking it was going to be written like a story not like a news write-up.

The reason I got to finish that book is that Seth slept for FIFTEEN HOURS last night! He was so tired that I put him to bed at 6 p.m., and he was SOUND asleep by 6:30 and slept until 9:30 this morning! The poor little guy has a cold, and I guess it's really knocking him out. So while I waited for him to wake up, I finished that book. Now I can get back to the Lumby series :-)

------------------------------------------------

today's song: "No One Knows My Heart" by Susan Ashton

There's an agony in living
But there's a comfort in the truth
That no one knows my heart
Better than You!

-----------------------------------------------

today's verse: Acts 2:28
"Thou hast made known to me the ways of life: Thou shalt make me full of joy with Thy countenance."

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008