Thursday, January 21, 2010

Luke and the dentist

My poor little Luke had to get a cavity filled today :-( He was a little nervous -- I know this, not because he said he was nervous, but because he asked me if I was nervous when I had to get my first filling. And then he asked me to go into the little room at the dentist's office with him. But he stayed completely still and didn't even make one sound the entire time the dentist was working in Luke's mouth! He's so tough! He had "happy gas," but no anesthesia in his mouth. The dentist and I were both very impressed! So for a reward, Luke didn't have to go back to school and got to go to Walmart instead to use his Christmas gift card from Grammy Ruth and Poppy Dale to buy legos :-) This is one of the best uses of money that Luke has ever made. Legos are very therapeutic for Luke and his shaky hands. He went to sign language class with me and AGAIN did not make a single sound. He sat in the desk next to me and did his homework and played with his new legos. He finished all of his homework AND put together one whole lego set during that classtime! I'm just amazed with this child today :-)



-----------------------------------------------------------------

today's song: "Wake Up, Oh Sleeper" Glory Revealed 2

I listen to my ipod at night when I'm falling asleep. I usually end up hearing one song at the most and then wake up a little later to turn it off and set my alarm (which is my ipod). Last night, I was listening to the Glory Revealed 2 album. I didn't really notice what song was on when I shut it off, but this morning's wake-up call was this song. Pretty amusing, even at 4:44 a.m.!

(p.s. -- I made this video and four others that I've linked on my blog in previous posts. I like to be able to go to youtube and find the song and the lyrics without any disturbing pictures such as a picture of Jesus bleeding on the cross. I know that that image is VERY important, and I am VERY grateful for what Jesus did for me; but I can't handle seeing it so graphically displayed. SO I started making my own simple youtube videos with the lyrics. Maybe someday I'll find an easy way to put interesting pictures on them instead of just the album cover. I'm usually going for fast and easy, though, so I'll probably end up just sticking with the album cover and lyrics. Just this week, I found out an easy way to make these videos. The first three took me days to complete. The one from yesterday and this one today only took me a couple hours each.)

----------------------------------------------------

today's verse: I Samuel 16:7

". . . the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008