Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mak's earrings :-)

Makenzie got her ears pierced many months ago, but hasn't had the courage to go through the discomfort of changing her earrings much. My mom and I decided that it wasn't good to leave the original earrings in for so long without taking them out at all, so a couple weeks before Christmas I took them out. They were getting close to being infected, so it's a good thing we took them out and started cleaning them better. They still hurt her a little bit to change earrings, but she's letting me do it (she can't quite get the hang of changing them herself yet because they still hurt a little). Today began one of the best parts of a mother's life with a daughter (in my opinion) -- sharing our jewelry. Makenzie wore this little dress with the fluffy collar that just HAD to have some kind of snowflake-ish jewelry, so she wore mine :-)


I didn't get a picture of all four of them, but all four boys (I'm including Jason in the "boys" category for now) wore matching shirts to church today. They looked pretty spiffy :-)


After lunch, Jason and the kids took down the Christmas decorations, listened to one more Christmas cd, and watched one more Christmas movie while I went to Terra Bella for coffee and gluten-free goodies (and two chapters of my latest book). This most definitely was the best system for Christmas clean up because I still have four living children and no headache!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

song of the day: "Ready" by Third Day
I'm ready for the winds to change.
I'm ready for a brighter day.
I'm ready for the sun to shine down on me.
I'm waiting for a song to sing.
I'm looking for a brand new thing.
I'm ready now to live a life that I believe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

verse of the day: Joshua 1:5-9 (partly paraphrased) God won't leave me or forsake me. He says to be strong and courageous, do what the Bible instructs, don't turn from it at all, meditate on it day and night. I should not be afraid because the Lord my God is with me wherever I go.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha ha:) You are so funny:) Aaaahhh a book and your favorite place for a treat. So nice:) I took our Christmas stuff down today... Our apartment is back to extremely bland and temporary. Oh well. It was time.

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008