Saturday, January 16, 2010

saturday's stuff

Saturdays are usually so off-schedule that I end up fighting a headache by the time breakfast is over. Today was really no different, but there were several good points.

Seth's occupational therapist is on vacation, so Seth went to the substitute today instead of Wednesday. Therapy is always fun for Seth no matter who the therapist is, and I got to read for an hour without hearing any crying or fighting.

Jason's friend found a website that calculates how many calories we can eat and still lose weight consistently. I put in all my statistics and found that I could eat barely enough to keep from hearing my stomach growl out loud if I want to lose weight. I guess I might be exaggerating just a little. I'm thankful that I get to eat every single day and that I really don't know true hunger.

Now that the kids are in school, we don't have a whole lot of time to play cards or board games. Even when they're home, they usually prefer to play video games. But today, Makenzie and I played "Mall Madness" (one of her Christmas gifts); Joel and I played several hands of cards; Luke and I played two board games; and then Joel and I played "Outburst" (one of my favorite games) for almost an hour. It was a GREAT day for games!

Seth almost fell asleep in his pizza tonight, so he went to bed before the older boys. Luke was too distracted to do his stretching correctly for more than a few seconds, I think:


Joel might be a huge almost-eleven-year-old boy, but he still likes to look at (I won't say "play with" since he's NOT a little kid anymore) his stuffed animals now and then:


----------------------------------------------------------------

today's song "You Overwhelm Me" by Sarah Kelly
You overwhelm me -- Your goodness, Your kindness.
You overwhelm me -- Your faithfulness, Your mercy.
Even in the morning I'll praise You,
I will put my hop in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008