Thursday, January 28, 2010

semi-sick

I'm not sure if I've ever elaborated on my blog on the topic of "minerals." We take a liquid mineral supplement every morning, mixed in orange juice to cut down the yucky taste, cringing after we chug it down like a shot of hard liquor. Because we consistently take these minerals, we get sick FAR less often and FAR less severely than we used to and than other people all around us. Right now, Seth, Luke, and I have a cold. While other people we know are bed-ridden, missing work, feeling really horrible, we're functioning just fine with some cold meds now and then, some Vick's Baby Rub at night to sleep more comfortably. PRAISE GOD for these nasty-tasting, healthy-body-producing minerals!!!!

Seth has been been sleeping a lot to fight off this cold bug. Either he got on the couch himself when we got home from school today or Makenzie put him there and he decided to stay:


----------------------------------------------------------

today's song: "By Surprise" by Joy Williams (i love this song! and i love her shirt in this video!)

I’ve got a secret to tell
A midnight confession
I love the life that I lead
But it’s no obsession


Because I’m waiting, anticipating
Watching for Your return
You’ll come and get me
You know I’m ready
Enjoyed my stay, but You’ll steal me away

Like a thief in the night
Like a runaway train
Like a first class, lightning fast hurricane
I’ll keep my ear to the ground
And my eyes to the sky
I’m ready now but somehow
I know You’ll take me by surprise



2 comments:

  1. Awww...bless y'alls hearts. Seth looks pretty miserable. You KNOW kids don't feel well when they themselves go lay down! Take things easy... hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're pretty Nazi-like when it comes to vitamins :-) We are far less sick than others around us, too. Yes, we get sick, but not over and over.

    I honestly think another thing that keeps us healthy is that we don't eat fast food hardly at all. I've noticed many of my friends who are constantly sick eat out A LOT. Just my unscientific research.

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008