Monday, February 8, 2010

busy week

This is going to be one SUPER busy week! Besides all the normal activities each day, I have Valentine's Day things to prepare for the kids AND Makenzie's birthday to prepare for. Friday, both Makenzie and Luke have class parties, and they both asked me to attend. I'm glad one is at lunch time and the other is at the end of school. Knowing that kids don't always want their mom at school activities, I was happy to agree to attend :-)

Seth and I went to Walmart this morning and found these cutie-pie penguin jammies:



-------------------------------------------------------

today's song: "Taking My Time" by Susan Ashton, Margaret Becker, & Christine Dente

Oh, but I won't worry
Cause there's no hurry
The world's not passin' me by
'Cause the Lord He knows
Just where each day goes
I know He won't leave me behind
And I won't be bringin' a single thing
That my heart can't carry inside
'Cause I'm goin' home
And I'm only takin' my time


(I love this song, and I'm hoping that I can sing it and mean it someday. Right now, though, there's so much to do and so little time. Worry is not the right way to handle life, though, so I listen to songs like this to remind me to "chill out" and rely on God and His care of me.)

1 comment:

  1. Alaska has a walmart? Like, ONE? ha ha.
    I'm totally diggin' the penguin pajamas, AND the hair. How come grown ups don't get penguin pajamas like that? They are TOTALLY cool!

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008