Monday, February 15, 2010

he's growing!


Every year, I measure and weigh each child on his or her birthday (or sometime close to the birthday). Obviously, I was a little late this year; but at least I got Joel measured and weighed before Makenzie's birthday (which is tomorrow). He is only a half-inch shy of five feet! He's not just growing physically, either. He is becoming more logical, more understanding of consequences, and more aware of God's presence and work in our lives. Watching my baby grow up a little more every day is a scary adventure. I try to guide him and influence him to do what's right, but ultimately it's up to him to choose God's way instead of human or Satanic ways. I could easily drive myself crazy (a short putt, as my mom would jokingly say) with worrying over what he's doing, saying, thinking when he's away from me and what other people are doing or saying to him. I have to constantly remember that God sees my baby and loves him even more than I do.

--------------------------------------------------------

today's song: "Blessed Assurance" by Third Day

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Perfect submission, all is at rest;
I in my Savior am happy and blessed,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008