Monday, February 22, 2010

moose -- homework

On the way to speech therapy this morning, Seth and I saw THE craziest sight!!!! Two moose were crossing a 65 mph highway! They just climbed up the little hill from the ditch to the highway and jogged across, not caring that people were probably inches away from killing them. I was cutting it close on time, so I couldn't slow down to make sure there wasn't an accident (they were climbing up the ditch as I passed them, so I didn't have to stop). Crazy animals!!!!

After therapy and errands, I started a little project to help me remember my ASL vocabulary -- flashcards. I bought 3x5 index cards and started writing all my vocabulary on the cards so that I can quiz myself. I was using a list on paper or flipping through the book, but that's not working very well for me. Apparently the easy way is not my way this time. So I'm gladly taking the more time-consuming way if it means learning more.

I tried to take a picture today while Seth was watching a movie, but he heard me get the camera out and ran over to jump in the shot. So this is his "mischievous" face -- I can just see the "ha! I AM going to get in this picture, so THERE!" look in his cute little eyes :-)


---------------------------------------------------------------

today's song: "Every Day" by Joy Williams (if that link doesn't work, try this one and click on the "play song from Lala.com")

Sometimes life is like a roller coaster
Flying away
I get caught up simply just surviving
From day to day

But in the midst of all the lists to do
I need some help to change my point of view

Every day I'm giving You everything
Every thought, every word, every song I sing
It ain't no matter what life may bring
I lay it down
Every day You make sense of me in the midst of my insanity
Give me hope, give me love, give me strength, make me free
Every day of my life

If I love You with my heart, my soul, my mind
Then my life has found a new direction
It was never mine
Cause when my heart is truly fixed on You
I find meaning in the things I do

Not simply just surviving
There's so much more I'm finding
Than living life so blinded and confused
Cause where I find my freedom is serving at God's feet and
I'm listening, searching, just waiting, working
Every, every day

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008