Tuesday, February 9, 2010

sunshine for this grouch

today i'm feeling tired and incredibly grouchy. i'm glad beyond words that today is almost over. realistically, i have nothing to be grumpy about -- i'm not hungry or abused or cold or living on the street. i know the one true God and know that He loves me and takes care of me. and yet i'm irritable today. why? because i look at the to-do list and it seems impossible. i look at my house and wonder when it's ever going to look the way i want it to (a.k.a. CLEAN AND NEAT!). i feel the complete exhaustion of body and mind and wish for more sleep and more time to finish even one of the many projects that i've started. i could really use some sunshine. here's some:


this isn't really a recent picture, but she looks so sweet!

-------------------------------------------------

today's song: "You are the Sun" by Sara Groves

You are the sun, shining down on everyone
Light of the world, giving light to everything I see
Beauty so brilliant, I can hardly take it in
Everywhere You are is warmth and light

I am the moon, with no light of my own
Still You have made me to shine
And as I glow in this cold, dark night
I know I cannot be a light unless I turn my face to You

Shine on me
I have no light of my own
Without You, I'm a cold, dark stone

1 comment:

  1. Boy is she ever going to be a heartbreaker when she gets bigger, if she isn't already! What a sweet picture of your sweet little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008