Sunday, February 7, 2010

super bowl Sunday

This year, Makenzie, Seth, and I decided to skip the boredom of the Super Bowl and do something that we enjoy instead. We had lunch at City Diner, then came home to watch movies, put a little puzzle together, and work on ordering Joel's 11-year-old pictures.

First was City Diner. Our list of friends in that restaurant is growing. Our daytime manager had to switch to the evening shift so that she and her husband (one of the cooks) could whip the evening staff in line :-) We miss her a lot!!! But now we've met and become friends with the new daytime manager. And today we learned the names of two more waitresses, one of whom always says "hi" to us. The other one doesn't talk to us, but maybe she's just shy or really busy. I learned her name just in case. And of course, we have "our waitress" who reminded me today what a blessing God gave me when He sent my sweet angel Seth from Heaven. "Our" waitress told us as we were leaving today that she had been having THE WORST day today until we came in. Seeing us made her smile and laugh and realize that she COULD enjoy the rest of her day. PRAISE GOD for this sweet child who brings smiles to everyone who sees him! Even the man at the end of the counter was getting a kick out of Seth's cuteness today. We also saw a family from church eating lunch there today. I hope they enjoyed the food (and Seth's entertainment) as much as we always do :-)

After spending hours finding the right borders for Joel's 11-year-old pictures, I got completely irritated by the web site I was using because I can't figure out how to ORDER the pictures! Here they are, though -- I can't seem to order them, but we can all look at them on the computer screen :-)







---------------------------------------------------

today's song: "It is Well With my Soul" by Jars of Clay

Whatever my lot, You have taught me to say, "It is well with my soul."

Though the devil will ruin,
Though trials will come,
Let this blessed assurance control:
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate
And He shed His own blood for my soul.
It is well with my soul.

My sin, oh the bliss of this glorious thought,
My sin, not in part, but the whole
Is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more
PRAISE THE LORD, PRAISE THE LORD,
Oh my soul!
It is well with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008