Monday, February 1, 2010

swirly Joel and silly Seth

Joel woke up this morning with a "swirly" stomach. He cracks me up with his descriptions! He didn't feel like eating breakfast, so he got ready for school, but had to come back home at 10:00 because he was feeling more and more nauseated. Once he got some fresh air and ginger tea, though, he felt much better and was able to eat his lunch, do his homework, and then watch movies all afternoon. He didn't eat much dinner, so I'm guessing he's still feeling a tiny bit "swirly." I'm hoping tomorrow that stomach bug is GONE!

Seth is HILARIOUS with his funny little tricks. When he's watching "Blue's Clues" in the living room, he can hear me open any of the three doors in the other side of the house. He comes running back there to close them, not caring at all that I really wanted them open (the heat doesn't seem to be working properly in those rooms, so they get pretty chilly with the doors closed). He knows that I want the doors open, so he LAUGHS and LAUGHS while he's closing them. All of life's a game to Seth :-)


"Ha, Mom! I closed it! And I'm blocking your way to re-open it, so THERE!"


Luke taught him this little trick yesterday:


How in the world did we think living was really living before Seth came to make us laugh????!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------

today's song: "Keep me Sailing" by Eden's Bridge

Oh, here are fears that drown in the seaways
Here are fears like lead in my shoes
And who can lift my eyes from the riptide but You?

Holder of the rudder and the anchor of my heart,
(Keep me sailing)
Stay the wind and hold my course,
Be near me in the dark.
(Keep me sailing)

I breathe my dreams out over the water
There comes a time to see the things through
And then we find the reason to travel to You.
So join Your hands with mine while we travel
My journey's end is caught up in You
And rest feels near though journey's not over with You.

Holder of the rudder and the anchor of my heart,
(Keep me sailing)
Stay the wind and hold my course,
Be near me in the dark.
(Keep me sailing)

1 comment:

  1. Seth is just too cute. And I am totally in love with his cool hair!!

    Hey Michelle... what's your e-mail address? I will e-mail you and tell you the Part 2 to my latest post... I am not quite ready to post it for the public to read ;)

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008