Friday, February 12, 2010

Today was a CRAZY busy day! Seth helped start the craziness by waking up at FIVE A.M.!!!! I wake up at that time so that I have some time to get myself ready and get a head start on some work before the kids get up. No children should wake up before 6:30 on a school day. No day is a school day for Seth, so he should be sleeping until 8 a.m. every day -- NEVER 5 a.m.! Anyway, after getting everyone out the door for school, I made a dozen sandwiches for Luke's Valentine's Day party at school. I had planned on taking Seth to the parties, but he didn't feel like cooperating with me today, so he went to work with his dad! He hadn't been there too long before this:


Luke's class had a Royal Tea Party today because they had been studying the verses in the Bible about the armor of God and about how God is the King and we are His children (princes and princesses). So all the kids were supposed to dress up as princes, princesses, or knights. We had lunch all together and then each child went up to the teacher, knelt down like they were going to be "knighted," and received their crown from the teacher. It was really cute!


Then I had about an hour to run home and switch the laundry before helping set up for Makenzie's class party. They had pretzels with cheese and rootbeer floats :-)

After all the candy from Valentine's cards, no one really felt like eating much for dinner and were a little wound up and grouchy. I was very glad to announce bedtime tonight!

--------------------------------------------------------------

today's song: "At About Midnight" by Sarah Kelly

One of the times Paul was in prison, he started singing praise to God at about midnight.

At about midnight, I'll call
At about midnight, I'll call out Your name
'Cause I need You beside me
Through these seasons of change
At about midnight, awaiting the dawn
I'll find contentment just singing Your songs
And here in this valley,
Though the shadows lead my way,
I know You are with me
Where the past
Meets
Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008