Friday, February 19, 2010

water park birthday

Today was my nephew Gavin's third birthday party at the water park. I discovered last night as I was gathering all of Seth's and my swim wear that somehow the bottom half of my swim suit got ripped. So this morning, Seth and I went to Target to try to find a new one. I detest swim suit shopping! A flattering swim suit does NOT exist for middle-aged mommy flab. I did find a bottom half that counts as "good enough." I also found this ADORABLE swim outfit for Seth:


I couldn't decide between these two frames for this picture, so I made both :-)


I'm not sure if the picture is quite clear enough to be able to see that the pictures on the swim trunks are monkeys -- REALLY cute!!!!

Anyway, we had fun as we always do at H2Oasis. Seth gets more and more daring every time we go. Today he got very close to the waterfall umbrella and even put his hand into the "rain" (the waterfall umbrella is like a giant umbrella with rain pouring loudly off it -- this has been one of the few parts of the water park that Seth has always avoided until today). He also walked so far toward the deep end that he lost his balance and went under for a second. That scared him a little, but not enough to stop him from going back to the deeper water repeatedly (not too deep -- just up to his neck). He's so much fun to watch and play with!

-------------------------------------------------

today's song: "Keep on Shinin' " by Third Day

Keep on, keep on shinin'
Wherever you may be
Keep on, keep on shinin'
For all the world to see

Having faith in the long run is easier said than done
It's hard to live out in the light of day
You're bruised and you're battered, your dreams have been shattered
Your best laid plans scattered over the place

Despite all your tendencies, God sees it differently
Your struggle's a time to grow
And you, you're a miracle, anything but typical
It's time for the whole wide world to know

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008