Thursday, March 11, 2010

fun with the cousins


Seth and I joined Aunt Amanda, Gavin, and Makayla at Bouncin' Bears today :-) We had forgotten that the public schools are on spring break, making the place a little busier than normal. But we still had FUN!!

Seth's hair caused at least two moms to mistake him for a girl today. I'm thinking of having a shirt made for him with "I'm a BOY -- all this hair will soon be donated to Locks of Love!" on the front AND back. And what kind of mother would dress their little girl in these clothes: red & blue shirt, gray pants, and Thomas the Tank Engine sneakers????!!!!


I tried so many times to get a good shot of the boys sliding down this giant slide, but really never succeeded. Their hair was flying and their smiles were ENORMOUS!


Gavin was ADORABLE waiting for Seth and encouraging him!


Gavin climbed up on the tiny slide so that he could "blast off" -- I really wish I had re-charged my camera batteries to get a video of this!


One last try at the slide picture. The flying hair and enormous smile are slightly visible.


For some reason, Seth thought it would be a good idea to try out his newly-learned wrestling skills on Gavin. We all thought that Seth was going toward Gavin to hug him, but instead he hooked his arm around the poor little guy's head and took him down to the floor. Gavin was shocked, and so were Amanda and I! We never expected wrestling moves from Seth who has only gone to wrestling practice twice, I think. I tried to make him understand that he can only wrestle people at wrestling practice, definitely NOT at Bouncin' Bears and NOT with boys who don't realize they're about to be attacked!

------------------------------------------------

today's song: "Save Me" by Jj Heller (I didn't pick this song in reference to the wrestling story, but it's a pretty funny coincidence that that happened the same day that I picked this song.)

You tell me life will not be pain free
What will be will always be in Your control
Darkness is light to You
And all You ask me to do
Is trust what You say is true

You are stronger
Than any terrible possible scenario today
Come and save me
You’re the only source of all the peace I need
Come and save me

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008