Monday, March 15, 2010

garden of prayer


Since this is Alaska, where the mosquito is the state BIRD (that's a joke, by the way, but only barely), I wouldn't want the little stream in my back yard; but MAN! I would love to have a nice little gazebo and beautiful garden and well groomed grass and path -- a place to relax, pray, enjoy looking at the beauty of Creation. The problems are that making this type of scene costs money and keeping up this type of scene takes time, patience, and at least a little bit of a green thumb. So too bad for me -- I'll just have to dream about it or maybe go visit the mosquito-infested botanical gardens a little more often. OR maybe I could make myself a personal mosquito-netting tent so that I could sit in the botanical garden undisturbed by insects. THAT might work! Except that free time without children is pretty much nonexistent, so I'll have to just keep dreaming.

Today, Seth was being a pill after school when we were picking Luke up from his classroom. Seth was throwing himself on the floor and rolling around, so I asked him if he wanted me to have to give him a spanking. He very sweetly and calmly answered, "Noooooo, thank you." HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That was the very first time he every said those words, and what a perfect time to use them! I'm still chuckling over it!

-----------------------------------------------

today's song: "Hold" by Superchick (just in case I've never explained -- "You" with a capital "Y" means God)

tell me that its going to be ok
tell me that You'll help me find my way
tell me that You can see the light of dawn is breaking
tell me that its going to be all right
tell me that You'll help me fight this fight
tell me that You wont leave me alone like this

cause i need, i need a hand to hold
to hold me from the edge
the edge i'm sliding over slow
cause i need, i need Your hand to hold
to hold me from the edge
the edge i'm sliding past
hold on to me

tell me i can make it through the day
i dont even have the words to pray
You have to be the only one who never left me
help me find the way through all my fears
help me see the light through all my fears
help me see that i'm not alone in all of this

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008