Saturday, March 6, 2010

Iditarod


We took the kids downtown this morning to watch the start of the Iditarod. It was around 30 degrees, I think -- not too bad really. We parked a few blocks away from where we were meeting some people -- again, not too bad really. We got to see several dog sleds go by.


The kids had their snow suits on, so they got comfy on the snow mound to watch the dog sleds. They cheered for each sled we saw, and they caught three of the old dog boots that the drivers threw out.


After we watched the dogs for a while, we walked to the snow sculptures. Joel and I thought they were within a few blocks, but they were NOT. I'm pretty sure they were at least ten miles from the van! But we finally made it, and they were quite interesting.


This one is a sculpture of one of those little plastic dolls that come in different skin colors. Joel thought it looked like a buddha and didn't want his picture with it, but I made him be in the picture anyway.


About halfway back to the van from the ice sculputures, Seth started crying. A LOT!!! I think he was crying because he was so cold. The rest of us weren't cold because we were walking. He was just sitting in the stroller because I didn't want to lose him or have to hold him when he got out of control. The poor child didn't really stop crying until I'd gotten him home and wrapped up in a warm blanket on my lap. I felt REALLY bad!!!! I should've had him bundled up better! Now we know to change the plan when Seth goes to outside activities: 1. keep it short so he doesn't get too cold in the stroller, 2. put the baby "leash" on him and hope he cooperates with walking, or 3. bundle him up REALLY REALLY well. Once he warmed up, he was back to his normal cheerful, funny Seth self :-)


HA! He loves to find things to put on his head and hands. He is SUCH an angel!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------

today's song: "Oh me of Little Faith" by Ashton, Becker, Dente

There's been a whole lot of rain comin' down around me lately
In fact it's more like a hurricane
And I've been lettin' it shake me
I've been turnin' and tossin' my sleep all away
But wait just a minute
Where's my faith been lately?

Oh me, oh me of little faith
God never ever went away
Ain't no amount of worry gonna make things change
Oh me, oh me of little faith

Got no reason in the world to doubt
God will take care of me
In fact He's proven time and time again
How much He loves me

I'm not talkin' 'bout maybe
And I don't mean He might
So why do I worry Forget sometimes He's with me?

Oh me, oh me of little faith
God never ever went away
Ain't no amount of worry gonna make things change
Oh me, oh me of little faith



1 comment:

  1. The big baby sculpture is kinda scary. I'm with Joel. I wouldn't want to be in the picture with it either!

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008