Friday, July 9, 2010

it's summer today!

The clouds left!!!! It's been cloudy and rainy for about a month or so -- or maybe it just seems that long. But today was BEAUTIFUL with bright blue sky and hot sunshine. Alaska summers (when we actually get a real summer) are PERFECT -- hot in the sun, cool in the shade. Obviously, I filled the pools and slathered sunblock on all of us to spend some hours soaking up the vitamin D! Joel made a little fountain with the hose which looked really cool, but I couldn't quite catch the splendor on my camera. I tried, though:



Luke found a broken plastic croquet mallet or golf club and filled it up with water to sprinkle me when I got too hot lying in the sun. He and Seth never had a chance to get hot since they were in and out of the pool almost the whole time we were outside. They both love the water. Watching them is more entertaining than a movie!! Joel and Makenzie are getting too old to really enjoy the little baby pools, but they like to be outside reading with me and using the pools to cool off before starting another chapter :-)

1 comment:

  1. Okay.... define what Alaskans mean by "hot"? ;)
    Hot in Texas=110.
    What's it up there?
    Does it get pretty warm there?

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008