Friday, August 27, 2010

FRUSTRATION!!!


This picture was me yesterday!!!!! I haven't been that frustrated since Seth was a little baby and couldn't stop pooping. I would just get one diaper changed and put outside, and he'd fill another one. I felt like all I did all day was change his diapers. Yesterday I felt like all I did was drive back and forth across town. Seth and I went to City Diner for breakfast because the manager invited us to be there while they shot their commercial (more info on that when I find out anything about it). The diner is right across the street from where I work. But I couldn't go to work after breakfast because I had to drive back to our side of town for Seth to go to school. Then I got 3/4 of the way to work and realized that I'd forgotten my little machine to clock in and out (to get PAID). So I decided to do my Fred Meyer run first, drop off the milk and ice cream, grab my machine, and then go back to work. I got all the way back to work and realized that I'D FORGOTTEN THAT BLANKETY-BLANK MACHINE AGAIN!!!! I must admit there were some tears, yelling, and rated "R" language going on at this point. I had wasted all but one hour driving! I had used all the money I was going to make that day on gas! I did get to work for a little bit, just long enough to get one box of cards put away and the whole display straightened up. And I did learn a valuable lesson: keep that machine in my PURSE! And we did make it to Seth's audiologist appointment pretty much on time. That didn't go very well, though, so we have to go back again next week. If the test was correct, Seth probably will need hearing aids. Not really a big deal since the two other kids with Down syndrome that I know the best also have hearing aids. He can hear at a certain volume, not too loud, but definitely not too soft unless there are no other sounds or distractions.

Anyway, I'm glad yesterday is OVER and today is a brand new day that so far has gone very well :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008