Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me :-)

I'm 38 today :-) Some people are super-sensitive about their age, but I'm not one of those people. I can't help it that I was born in 1972, so I don't mind at all telling my age. About a million other things bother me, but not my age. It's quite a trip to think back to when I was a little kid who couldn't comprehend being an adult or all of the life changes that would take place along the way. Like gray hair and a weak bladder and sorted boxes of clothes to fit different stages of weight loss or gain :-( Or like feeling my own children's chubby arms squeeze my neck and sweet lips slobber all over my cheek :-)

Today started out normal -- Sarah Kelly serenading me at 4:30 a.m., telling me it was time to wake up and get moving (actually, she only got about two words out before I hit the snooze). The kids fought like normal (with each other and with me). And I went to work like normal. Then "normal" took a little break after I took some books to a used book store to see how much store credit I could get. They only wanted ONE book out of the FOUR BAGS stuffed full that I took in. They were nice enough, though, to put all the books in a big box for me to carry out. Now here comes the NOT normal part -- As I was walking out of the store with the big full box of books, a lady walked into the store, started to go on with her shopping, saw me, turned around, went back to the door, and held it open for me! People are NEVER that nice!! It gets even MORE abnormal, though! A man who was also starting to walk in the store, started to open the second door for me, but instead took the box from me, telling me that he would carry it for me to my car! People are never never ever THAT nice!!!!! I felt a little foolish because the box wasn't even as heavy as Seth, I don't think. I'm used to carrying a 45-pound child, my purse, a diaper bag, and maybe a couple other bags. But it sure was nice to have someone else carry the load for once! All I had in my hands were my purse and my keys! That was a great birthday gift, and he didn't even know it. I prayed God would give that guy something SUPER great for being so nice.

Then abnormal took a negative turn -- for the first time EVER, I forgot Seth :-( I was switching the laundry, opening the mail, opening my gift from my mom, calling my mom, unpackaging the new board games I got Seth this morning, thinking about when I needed to switch the laundry again -- when I looked at the clock. OH NO!! SETH'S OUT OF SCHOOL!!! I ran to the door, calling his special ed. teacher to tell her I was SO sorry and I'd be there in about two minutes! Really, I was only about five minutes late, but I felt AWFUL!! How could I forget that sweet little angel???!!!! inexcusable!

Jason, the kids, and I went out for Mexican food for dinner. He offered to cook dinner so that I didn't have to cook, but I added to that little plan so that I would be sure to not have to clean up anything, either :-) After dinner, we went to my favorite store -- Value Village :-) I took so long browsing around that I AGAIN lost track of time and forgot that I had cake and ice cream at home. As we were pulling out of the parking lot, Joel commented, "It's ok, Mom -- nothing wrong with eating cake and ice cream right before we're supposed to go to bed :-)" yeah -- thanks, Joel!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008