Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fur Rondy/new stuff

I'm a little frustrated right now because loading the pictures for this post took about 45 minutes :-( Apparently the entire world is on the internet all at one time tonight! Or maybe my computer isn't working properly.

Anyway . . .

Uncle Rich invited everyone to go to the Fur Rondy excitement downtown on Saturday. The boys all went together.


Luke in an armored tank -- SCARY!!!


Joel's getting so tall and grown-up looking!


While the boys were having fun together, Makenzie and I were having girl fun -- shopping :-) We went out to the bead store in Eagle River. I can't go to that town without commenting on how very annoying the road system (actually the LACK of any kind of system) is in that town!! We did find the bead store, though, and bought beads to make earrings for Makenzie . . .


. . . a necklace for Makenzie . . .


. . . and earrings for my mom (and enough to make some more to possibly sell on ebay).


We couldn't find the other two stores we wanted to visit in Eagle River, so we went back to Anchorage where we know our way around at least a little bit. At Target, we found these adorable sunglasses for Seth . . .


. . . and for Makenzie.


My little movie star princess :-)


Then we went to see the movie Tangled. We really enjoyed the movie (a new twist on the Rapunzel story). But I had forgotten when I suggested going to a movie that sitting in a movie theater gives me a migraine. It was such a good movie, though, that it was pretty much worth it. We went to Value Village to wrap up our girls fun day, and then I had to go to bed for a couple hours. The kids were fine with having me out of the way for awhile so that they could watch netflix without Mom (a.k.a. big old fun ruiner) limiting their t.v. time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008