Saturday, March 19, 2011

catching up

I can't even remember what all has happened since I last posted on here. Apparently, I've been busy, though, since I haven't had time to come here. I've been working a lot, of course. And the boys have started their wrestling tournaments, which means entire Saturdays spent in gyms waiting for them to wrestle for a few minutes.

Luke warms up with Dad before his matches:




and then climbs the walls when Dad's not looking:


Seth gets to watch movies while we wait for the boys' matches.


Joel is in the big kids' division now. He's only a couple months away from being finished with grade school!


I have videos to load on youtube, which I'm going to do as soon as I finish this. I guess I should've done that first because I don't have a link for them right now. My page on youtube is under "polarmom4."

One last thing -- I learned a valuable lesson on Thursday: do NOT drive on the highway right after it snows! I was in a little accident. Just me -- no kids, no other cars or anything. No damage to the van and no injuries to me. I was actually driving very carefully -- usually I'm getting a drink, eating something, talking on the phone, wiping a child's nose, or even texting. But this time, I was driving slowly and carefully because of the snow, ice, and cars in the ditch. I looked over for a split second and saw another van on its side in the median. I wondered in my mind how in the world that could happen. And just like that, I was joining them. Since there were two other accidents in that spot already, the cops were already there. One police officer asked me if I was all right and if I needed her to call me a tow truck. Before her tow truck could come, another one came along (driving up and down the highway making money). So that little lesson cost me $50 and a half-hour of work time. Not too costly a lesson, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008