Monday, May 23, 2011

new boat


I found this boat on Craig's List this morning and called immediately. Good deals don't last long on there, I've discovered, so the kids and I went right to the guy's house and picked it up. We can hardly wait to take it out on the lake!!!

So why did we buy another boat when we have a perfectly good inflatable one that we've been using for at least two years now? Because my kids are scared to get in that boat with me. Especially Luke! Joel and Makenzie are a little nervous, but Luke is downright scared! None of them can swim, and they don't trust me to rescue them. We don't do much swimming up here where the lakes turn us into ice cubes, so they don't quite believe me when I tell them that I'm more than capable of swimming us back to land. That's ok -- the inflatable boat makes me a little nervous, too. I get sopping wet every time I take it out. I'm hoping to stay nice and dry in this new boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008