Wednesday, July 20, 2011

6 a.m. blessings

This little turkey woke up at 6 a.m. today! I didn't sleep well at all last night because of drinking too much soda last night, but apparently Seth slept just fine. He woke up, came out of his room quietly (blessing #1 -- he didn't wake up Luke who did not get to sleep as early as Seth did), very nicely stood in front of me (I was still in bed) and waited for me to say good morning. This morning is his therapy time, so I had told the kids to wake up at 8 a.m. so that we could get ready in time. I knew that if I wanted to read my Bible and listen to Charles Stanley, I would need to get up no later than 7 a.m. Since Seth woke me up at 6 a.m., I was able to get all ready for the day, read my Bible (blessing #2 since I haven't had time to do my normal Bible reading lately because of sleeping in with the kids. and today was a GREAT one!!! : Colossians 2:6-7 "Since you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, WALK in Him, ROOTED and BUILT UP in Him, established in the faith as you have been taught, abounding in it with THANKSGIVING."), listened to Charles Stanley (blessing #3 -- he spoke about God's acceptance which is based on His love not on my performance, eternal life which started the moment I became a Christian, and the privilege of having a real relationship and fellowship with my God. GREAT sermon!!), and checked my e-mail. So even though I really didn't feel like getting up at 6 a.m. today, my sweet Seth blessing woke me up to start my day seeing all kinds of blessings :-)

And THEN he stunk up my room with a poopy diaper and dropped a few thumb tacks around the room -- one of them is still missing, scary thought :-( But it's too late -- I've already got my mind set on blessings, thankfulness, and my God.

AND it looks like it might be a sunny, play-in-the-pool kind of day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008