Tuesday, July 19, 2011

park day and library

We had an unusual park day today. I accidentally picked the same park as the church picked! So it wasn't our normal quiet park playtime. There were big blow-up bounce houses, lots of church volunteers, several neighborhood families, tents, tables with chips and drinks, and grills with hot dogs. It still went ok, just different. My kids LOVED playing in the bounce houses!!

After park day, and after a little work time, we went to the library. Today, the fountain was ON:


So I ran inside to get the next book in the series I'm reading (the Baxter Family series by Karen Kingsbury), and then Seth and I sat in the shade and admired the fountain.


And took a kissy picture :-)


Alaska summer weather is getting annoying! I should have learned by now, but I still keep falling for it. It's summer, so this morning, I put on a sleeveless top and capris. But it got so cloudy and cold that I changed into a sweatshirt and pants. Then it got super sunny and almost hot! I would've been ok if I'd just worn a t-shirt under the sweatshirt. And that's the lesson of Alaska weather: wear layers!! Maybe I've finally learned :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008