Saturday, July 30, 2011

summer fun

Whenever the sun comes out, I try to get the kids into a pool. Up until a couple weeks ago, we had three or four little baby pools (like in the background of these pictures, leaning on the little picnic table). This year, though, I decided to get something bigger since the kids are getting so much bigger. The baby pools don't interest Joel at all anymore, but we all had fun in this pool:



When we get out of this pool, I wrap black plastic around it to hold in the heat. It doesn't keep the water all the way warm, but it did help prevent the water from being ice cold when they got in the pool the next day.

I bought a giant pool for next summer. The picture on the box shows two adults and six kids in the pool, and they all have space between them to move around. We got rafts and goggles and a huge solar cover, so I'm really hoping for a super-sunny summer next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008