Saturday, August 13, 2011

quite a day!

This has been QUITE a day!! Makenzie and I went back to the Saturday Market and found lots of great stuff! A Christian mom with a special needs child makes these beautiful fused glass creations:
Makenzie spotted a jeweled butterfly in one of the booths. We stopped in to look, and the lady explained that it was a hair clip and offered to show me how it worked. She put my hair up with this clip, but I couldn't do it. Then she suggested I try putting it in a bun. That one I could do, so we bought them for Makenzie . . .



Later in the day, Jason, Luke, Seth, and I went back downtown so that I could get one for me, too.
I have A LOT of hair, so I was really surprised that those things could hold my hair up tightly.

We found THE BEST jewelry booth today!!! They had so many beautiful things, and they were each just $5! And if we bought five things, we got a sixth one for free!



And I found these tiny little opal earrings for half off:
Makenzie and I had FUN walking around together buying beautiful things! When our time was up, we went back to the van which had a green envelope tucked under the windshield wiper :-( I didn't read the parking coupon that had in big bold type at the top "PLACE FACE UP ON DASHBOARD OF YOUR VEHICLE," so I got a ticket!! I called the number and got a recorded message about faxing a copy of the ticket and my parking coupon. Maybe I won't have to pay the ticket. THEN we got into the van and realized that I had left my lights on for the entire two hours we were in the market :-( I've done this so many times, it's embarrassing!!! Thank goodness a nice couple parked next to us were just getting ready to go in, but waited long enough to give the van a jump start (haha -- ironic -- I got coffee at Jump Start before we went downtown this morning). I'm going to make a big sign to put on the driver door to remind me to shut my lights off when I get out of the van!!

When we got home we saw that Jason, Luke, Seth, and our little neighbors had been busy because the tree that used to be in our driveway . . .
. . . was gone:
YAY!!!!! That tree attracted moose in the winter who often decided that our front yard was a good place to sleep since there were crabapples to snack on whenever they got hungry. It attracted birds in the spring who would poop everywhere and hop around in the branches and drop crabapples on the van or on us if we were dumb enough to walk near the tree. It dropped crabapples all over my driveway and yard for us to step on and drive over and track all over the place even without the birds' help, not to mention the million leaves someone had to rake each year. I'm more than glad that it's gone!

We ended the day with game night. Jason won the game of Sorry, Luke and I each one a game of Racko, and then Luke became the grand champion of the evening by winning Monopoly Deal.

It's been quite a day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008