Friday, September 9, 2011

school pics & silly Luke

It's school picture time. I made the kids dress up this time. Makenzie was pretty upset with me that I wouldn't let her change into the school uniform after pictures were over. I'm a "one set of clothes a day" kind of person (since I have to do the laundry), but my kids think they can just wear however many changes of clothes they feel like (I really need to teach them how to use the washer and dryer -- I've started, but I need to do more detailed lessons!). Luke didn't mind having to wear a shirt and tie all day. Joel didn't complain at all, so I'm wondering if he has some sneaky plan. He's a junior higher now, so this is always in my mind.
Joel wanted Seth to be in a picture with him, but Seth kept yelling and hitting him:
or being just plain crazy:
Yesterday, Luke's teacher named him THE BEST BOY IN THE CLASS at the end of the day!!!! I'm pretty sure that NO ONE has ever said that about Luke before!!!! I was SOOOOOO proud of him (and happy with his teacher for noticing how great Luke is). He got to pick two things from the prize box. He got a sucker for himself and a cool eraser for his friend. He's always doing things like that, thinking of other people. I wish this good behavior would carry over to home after school! He's back in the bad habit of piddling around instead of getting his homework done. This is how Jason found him right before dinner last night:
I seriously doubt that fireman hats were part of his homework assignment! I might have helped the problem a little today by putting a chair and a tv tray in his room for his own little desk. He'll have to be in room all alone with the door closed (which he hates) until he gets his homework done. I'm hoping this makes him go faster so that I get to see him more than just to kiss him goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008