Sunday, October 30, 2011

new stuff

When I looked out the window this morning, I saw NEW SNOW :-( Every year I dread the snow more and more. It's beautiful, though. I think we got about an inch or two. If the sun had been out all day, it probably would've melted. Too bad it was overcast most of the day.


Yesterday, I went to a fused glass show. The lady that makes these decorations has a handicapped son and makes these beautiful creations to support herself and her son. As a birthday gift from Jason and his parents, I got this hanging butterfly picture frame and butterfly mirror:
and this dragonfly photo/recipe holder:
This afternoon, I got Seth his own laptop for only $250!! Actually, Seth gets a $250 scholarship every year from our local Down syndrome group, so the computer was FREE! Tomorrow, I'm going to order him a one-button mouse so that he can play his alphabet game on starfall.com :-) This evening, I showed him his new computer and let him pick out his background picture -- he picked one of all the Scooby Doo friends :-)

And then just tonight we got this NEW VAN!!! I am SOOOO grateful for the good deal Jason's friend from church gave us on this van! It's clean, it starts and runs, it has SNOW TIRES, and so many other bonuses that I couldn't figure out tonight because it's dark and I'm tired and I hadn't eaten dinner. I can hardly wait for tomorrow when I get to explore all the many buttons and compartments and drive around in this beautiful vehicle!!
And the blessings continue . . . the friend that sold us the van said that we can put our old van on an auction and probably get at LEAST $200! Another auction guy said that we would only get about $100 for it. We'll see how much it ends up going for, but anything is better than letting it become yard art :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008