Tuesday, January 10, 2012

complaining

I've noticed that I complain a lot. If something doesn't go my way (which, of course, is the best and only truly logical way), I get irritated and/or frustrated and complain. Sometimes I complain on here, sometimes on facebook, sometimes to my kids, sometimes to strangers, sometimes just to myself. Many people make me feel justified in my complaints. They see the four kids, notice that one is disabled, and I'm automatically given a free complaining ticket as if my life is so much more difficult than anyone else's. Philippians 2:14 does command me to "do all things withOUT arguing or complaining," though. Plus, the truth is that there isn't anything really to complain about. All the complaints are small and insignificant. And the number of smiles, laughs, and hugs far exceed the number of trials. When I was little, my Grandma Waneta loaned me her entire set of Pollyanna books. After I got a full-time job and before I had kids, I bought a complete set for my own bookshelf and re-read them. The main character held the philosophy that there's ALWAYS something to be glad about. That's the outlook on life that I want to become my habit instead of instantly jumping to the negative. So this is another "daffodil" :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008