Sunday, February 26, 2012

braids and wrestling

Makenzie's hair is super long now, so I decided to put it in braids so that her hair would look permed the next day. She looked a little silly going to bed with ten braids all over her head.
But she looked pretty cute with wavy hair.
Joel had a little wrestling meet on Saturday here in town. There were no weigh-ins because it wasn't a real tournament. They called it a "jamboree." Seth just wanted to "sleep" in between the bleacher seats.
I'm not a good photographer, and I don't have a professional camera, so my action shots are almost useless, but this is a picture of Joel getting ready to pin his opponent:
And this is a picture of the ref slapping the mat to call the pin :-)
I was so excited for Joel. He did a GREAT job in this match! He was agressive and very technical (at least from my know-nothing-much-at-all-about-wrestling perspective). Joel isn't a speedy wrestler; he's more methodical. The funniest part of the match (which you can watch HERE if you'd like) was Joel pulling his opponent back in the ring. He told me later that while he was dragging the other guy, he was saying, "Get back in here." He makes me chuckle!

(p.s. -- after watching the video of the match, I learned the lesson that I must be silent when taking a video!)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008