Sunday, February 19, 2012

a great Saturday

Yesterday was SUCH a good day!! Luke had a basketball game, and his team played REALLY well!!! They kept getting control of the ball, shooting baskets, and actually MAKING the shots!! Luke made FIVE baskets!! It was very exciting -- their first WIN of the season :-)

Then Seth and I went to soccer. I was concerned about how soccer was going to go because his regular coach wasn't going to be there (she had her own soccer game). But as soon as we got there, another mom from the Down syndrome group (her 19-year-old daughter has Down syndrome) got Seth's attention and got him running around and kicking the ball. She kept him moving for the first half of the hour, but then he slipped away from her and ran to me.

This picture is from the 2010 Buddy Walk, but it's the only picture I have of our friend Lindsey.
Lindsey was having trouble on the field because there weren't enough coaches to give one-on-one attention this week, so I played soccer with her. Seth, Lindsey, and I ran and kicked and ran some more for the last half of soccer time. It was so much fun!! (and it burned off so many calories that I might have made up for all the birthday overeating I did earlier in the week)

My sweet little nephew Gavin decided to give Seth this storm trooper helmet:
Amanda brought it to Luke's basketball game and said that Gavin told her that he wanted to give it to Seth because Seth likes it so much. I almost cried, he's so sweet. He liked the helmet, too, but he wanted Seth to have it anyway. And when it was time to leave the basketball game, Makayla saw the helmet and told me, "That's for Seth!" SUCH sweet little kids :-)

At Gavin's birthday party last night, Jason brought up how Gavin and Makayla were disappointed when Amanda didn't have to work on Wednesday because I wouldn't be coming over to play with them. When Amanda said that she didn't work again this next Wednesday, Gavin and Makayla both said, "AWWWWWWW!!!!!" That made me feel great! (although I know they really want to be with their mom the most, it's nice to know that they enjoy being with me sometimes, too :-)

(p.s. -- at the very bottom of the page is my weight loss ticker. TEN POUNDS so far!!!! so excited!!! friday, one of my managers noticed that i was losing weight. that makes me feel SOOOOOO good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008