Friday, April 13, 2018

Time Flies


I finally got around to changing my desktop screen saver and wallpaper today from winter pictures to spring pictures.  While I was looking through my pictures to choose my wallpaper, I found these two pictures of Joel.  How did that little squishy boy grow up so fast?  I hated hearing older parents say to enjoy every minute because time goes so quickly.  When my kids were making me crazy with their fighting and demanding, I wondered when that fast-moving time was ever going to start.  Now that I look back at the pictures, I realize it was going the whole time.  I was just so focused on the difficult parts of life that I didn't realize it.  So I'm crying as I look at that little boy that I can't get back to hug one more time because he's an adult now.  He lets me hug him, but it's not the same as hugging my little boy.  BUT God blessed me with a second chance:  Seth.  He can't replace Joel's clever intelligence or Makenzie's princess sweet sassiness or Luke's hilarious stories, but his life is a clock slowed down.  He's twelve years old, but I can still hold him, stare at him, trace his chubby little fingers, squeeze his baby face cheeks because regular, racing time doesn't apply to Seth.  He grows more slowly, learns more slowly, accomplishes goals and milestones more slowly.  I'm thankful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008