Saturday, July 7, 2018

Flowers - Allium


I wish that each flower had only one meaning!  After reading The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh (an UNBELIEVABLY great novel!!!!!), I wanted to learn the message of each flower.  The problem with that is that each flower has several meanings, and many of those meanings are contradictory.  I usually "give" flowers to people via facebook to say "Happy Birthday," and I pick whatever flowers look prettiest or are appropriate for the season.  Now I'm wanting to send flowers that have meaning.  I'm not just saying, "Happy Birthday" now.  I'm also giving a birthday wish.  Today, I sent allium (a wish for prosperity).  Other meanings include unity, patience, and humility.  I guess those go along with prosperity, though, since they're often requirements to prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008