Sunday, May 3, 2009

feels like summer

This weather is just AMAZING!!!! After "surviving" a long winter, a dreary summer, and another long winter, this sun is just GREAT! I've put the baby pools up TWICE already (still with warm water, but I do that until the temperature is 80). Today, Joel helped me put my swing back together and rig up a little more shade for it with a tarp and some rope (forgot to take a picture of that, though). We're all getting a good dose of vitamin D each day now :-)

Today was Luke's birthday party. Joel was throwing up throughout the night, so we didn't go to church this morning. While we waited for everyone else to get out of church, we took turns playing "Guess Who" (I think that's the name of the game, anyway).
Luke cracks me up sometimes with his silliness (when I'm not trying to get a "normal" picture, it's funny, anyway).
I got puppy tattoos for to match all the puppy birthday party stuff:

Gavin was the only one who really kept the party hat on. At one point, it had slid down on his forehead like a unicorn horn. He accidentally poked Luke in the head, which made us all laugh (except Luke because the poke was in the same spot that Joel had hit him with a dart earlier -- and that made us laugh, too).
Luke's smiling because he got good birthday gifts. Joel's smiling because he sneaked into this picture at the last second.
I guess the party wasn't all that thrilling to poor little Seth, stuck in a high chair to avoid the chasing and yelling.

YAY! Luke got all the padding and guard things to ride his skateboard :-)
Blowing out his #6 candle on his birthday cake :-)

2 comments:

  1. The pictures of Seth are SO cute! I love the expression... you could definitely tell he is kinda bored ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if Luke keeps his pads on I'll be impressed. My kids would only wear knee pads. Absolutely scared my parents to death - lol.

    Yes, you all deserve some nice weather after your awful summer and bitter winter!

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008