Monday, May 11, 2009

first boat excursion

Joel and I went on our first boat ride today at Cheney Lake. Obviously, we got out of the lake safely because I'm typing this post :-) Actually, it went very smoothly. We didn't fall in (thank goodness -- that lake is pretty yucky), and we didn't get stuck anywhere (I took my cell phone just in case). I was afraid to take my camera, though, so I don't have pictures. I should have had Jason video us from the shore because I'm sure we looked pretty comical. Joel's only ten years old, so he's not a master oarsman. I might be much older, but I'm pretty wimpy and inexperienced at rowing a boat (sidenote -- I'm NOT wimpy when it comes to carrying a 35-pound child, diaper bag, purse, and several bags of groceries from the van to the house all in one trip!). But we did it and we had fun. My little plan for no one fighting about who gets to go kinda got botched because Jason won't be home tomorrow night to watch the other three kids. But since this is the first week, everyone cooperated nicely in making a substitute plan so that each child gets to go out one time this week :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008