Thursday, July 30, 2009

been a while

I have to apologize to my mom since I haven't written anything on here in quite a while. Moms are funny, you know -- always hoping to find out what their kids and grandkids are up to :-) The reason I haven't written, though, is that nothing blog-worthy has been happening most of the time and so I forget to turn this thing on. Or maybe there are things happening, but I'm in a kind of "fog" almost all day every day, hoping I can make it through the day full of laundry, food, and children's arguments and get BACK IN BED!!!! All at one time, I want to make my kids' summer vacation a GREAT memory, full of adventures and good times BUT I'm so tired, stressed, and sick to death of their whining and fighting. The "tired" part keeps me from being creative or energetic enough to make any real plans for them.

Anyway -- a few things have happened in the past few days.
1. Joel and Luke went to a track meet with their PopPop and did VERY well. They competed in several different events, and Joel placed in a few and even won one (the high jump). He hasn't even really been trained how to high jump, but there were only a few kids at the track meet, so I guess the competition wasn't too much. It made him feel very good about himself, though, to do so well.
2. Makenzie's mouth is healing pretty well. She can now eat most things that are not in any way crunchy. She still can't bite into anything -- everything has to be cut up so that she can put the bites in the back of her mouth. We go in today to see what the doctor thinks.
3. Last night, we went to a picnic for the early intervention services organization that Seth used to go to. It was SO very exciting for me!!!! I have REALLY missed his physical therapist and the therapists involved in his playgroup therapy! I got to see all of them, chat a little bit, show them how CUTE Seth still is, and even get a few tips about getting Seth to walk without stomping or slapping his feet with each step. The kids ALL FOUR behaved beautifully -- miracle in itself right there!

It's been cloudy for a couple weeks now, and it's even been raining! Real rain sometimes, not just the normal Anchorage "dripping" that we usually get. It's nice to get rain. Some sun and less humidity would be nice, too, but we definitely can't complain about getting rain in a place where wildfires are such a concern!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008