Friday, July 3, 2009

book and track meet

Last night, I stayed up until midnight finishing the book Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella. The story is about dealing with amnesia, and I REALLY enjoyed it!!! A twenty-something-year-old girl wakes up in the hospital and finds out she can't remember anything from the past three years. The whole topic of amnesia is fascinating to me -- how can the brain just hide or even erase memory?! And how would I handle life not being able to remember things? It's just a very interesting topic, so I loved the book (except for the outrageous amount of bad language -- I don't think I've ever read or heard the f-bomb THAT many times before! And I HATE it when people use my Saviour's name as a slang/curse word!!).

Yesterday evening, Jason took Joel and Luke to another track meet. Joel competed in FIVE events, four races (one of them was pretty long for a kid who prefers sitting in the recliner playing the wii) and the high jump -- I was SO very impressed by that!! Luke did two races and the high jump, also impressive for a little kid born with a leg/foot deformity!! Makenzie couldn't go, of course, but she's having a VERY fast recovery. She's enjoying the "no brothers" rule, though, so I'm wondering when she'll start faking some pain to prolong the "recovery" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008