Thursday, July 23, 2009

broccoli salad and jewelry

I've mentioned many times, I'm sure, that I do NOT like to cook. Actually, I don't like to do any kitchen-type activity. But today I cranked up some Third Day, making the chopping and mixing tolerable. I really wanted some broccoli salad, so I had to make it since no one has answered my plea to hire on here as our cook (apparently people don't work for hugs and kisses these days). I had never made broccoli salad before, but it turned out GREAT -- almost definitely because of the background music I was working to :-)


After lunch, I made Makenzie and me matching bracelets. We went to Walmart this morning and saw these gorgeous beads that matched her shirt, so I put together two bracelets for us to wear to Makenzie's periodontist checkup this afternoon. The doctor even mentioned that he liked her bracelet and how it matched her shirt so nicely!!



According to the doctor, Makenzie's mouth is healing perfectly. According to Makenzie, though, it's going more slowly than we'd like. This morning, she was still able to eat yogurt only -- and not even "eat" that, but lick tiny little bits off the spoon. The doctor said that Makenzie should be able to eat more than yogurt now, so she had a couple doughnuts when she got home and then mac-n-cheese for dinner. She didn't complain at all, so I'm guessing she just needed to hear the doctor tell her that she should be able to eat more to give her the courage to try it. From the way the doctor talked, I think she's going to have more done on that bottom section. He didn't say anything definite, but that's just the impression I got. I do NOT know how people can stomach jobs like his -- I got a little dizzy and queasy just looking at the almost-healed version of the surgery! I guess that's why I'm a mom and not a surgeon ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008