Sunday, July 19, 2009

Glory Revealed (1)

I recently bought the cd Glory Revealed, and I LOVE it! It has a country-ish sound (I like country sometimes), is a little "praise and worship-ish" (because it's Scripture put to song), and was produced by Mac Powell (doesn't get any better than hearing his voice now and then). I decided to study the verses that these people picked out as important enough to create new songs and share with all of us. The first song on the cd is "He Will Rejoice" taken from Zephaniah 3:17. Zephaniah warned of God's coming wrathful destruction, but warned the meek, the ones who had "upheld His justice" to seek the Lord, to seek righteousness, to seek humility so that maybe they would be hidden from His anger. The end of the book tells about God establishing a "remnant" -- people who call on His name, worship Him alone, are meek and humble, trust in His name, do no unrighteousness, and speak no lies. The verse that this song is based on says, "The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Although the "remnant" in this book is made up of the nation of Israel, I take this whole idea to my own heart since I've been adopted into His family. After all the mistakes that the nation of Israel has made throughout history, God still promises to love them. After all the mistakes that I have made and will make in my lifetime, God still promises to love me.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmm . . . . I might have to get this. Zeph. 3:17 is the verse I quote to myself when I'm trying to go to sleep and horrible thoughts invade my mind. It's happened most of my life. Not every night, but enough to be a nuisance!

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008