Tuesday, September 22, 2009

make the ride slow down PLEASE

I can NOT keep up with life lately!!!! There are just too many things to do in 24 hours!!!! Today I went out to Eagle River (an adventure I do NOT plan on attempting again any time soon) to check out a bead store that had a booth set up at the fair. Well, I LOVED IT! I only spent a little money -- could've spent at LEAST $10 more on a certain glass pendant, but decided to buy the $3 stone bead (and then spent that extra $10 at McDonalds). Here's what I bought for myself:


I bought the cord/ribbon necklace and the stone bead separately. I found the gold leaf in a bag of beads that a friend gave me :-) I think it turned out pretty nicely!


And here's my progress report on the lampshade:


When it's finished, the beads will (obviously) go all the way to the top of the lampshade (shading the light bulb :-). This is my stress reliever at the end of each day. I only get to string the beads for about a half-hour each evening, but I'm sticking with it!


Someday, I'm sure I'll look back at this time of my life and chuckle and even feel a little bit sad that it's over. But from the present vantage point, I really can't imagine that happening. Just like I can't imagine having enough time to sit down and read more than half a chapter at a time. But I can dream :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008