Sunday, February 28, 2010

earrings and suits


Here are my latest creations :-) I don't take very good pictures of jewelry -- I haven't quite figured out how to get the best lighting and backgrounds. I'll get it right someday, but these give the general idea.


Without even discussing what they were wearing to church today, Jason and Luke picked matching suits :-) So of course we had to get a picture!


I've started going to Deaf church on Sunday nights now, too. Tonight for the first time, I understood a lot of what was signed without having anyone interpret for me! It was VERY exciting to me when my teacher's wife asked if I was getting everything, and I could honestly answer YES! That was in the first ten minutes, though; after that, my understanding quickly went "downhill." The first time I ever went there, I understood less than 1% of the conversations and lesson. Tonight, I'd guess that I understood about 10%. That's a great improvement in my opinion for three months of study. I'm pretty pleased :-)

-----------------------------------------------

today's song: "Say the Name" by Margaret Becker

A more sweeter sounding word
These lips have never said
A gentle name so beautiful
My heart cannot forget
Just a whisper is enough
To set my soul at ease
Just thinking of this Name
Brings my heart to peace

May I never grow so strong
That my heart cannot be moved
May I never grow so weak
That I fear to speak the truth
I will say this holy Name
No matter who agrees
For no other name on earth
Means so much to me

With all the honor I can find
With all my heart, my soul, my mind
I will say the Name
Without defense, without shame
I will always speak the Name
Of Jesus

Say the Name
Say the Name that soothes the soul
The Name of gentle healing
And peace immutable
I'll say the Name that has heard my cry
Has seen my tears and wiped them dry
From now until the end of time
I'll say the Name

-------------------------------------------------

today's verse: Isaiah 32:17
The work of righteousness will be peace;
and the effect of righteousness, quietness and assurance forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008