Thursday, February 18, 2010

princess pictures



I took Makenzie to a nearby greenhouse to take her nine-year-old pictures. Again, I must remember that I'm not a professional photographer so the kids' birthday pictures are not professional quality which bothers their ocd mother. But if this is the biggest tragedy of our lives, we are certainly blessed people!!! Makenzie is SUCH a great little model! We took almost all of her pictures in less than fifteen minutes (another piece of evidence of my being non-professional!). We had fun being in the greenhouse -- the warmth and all the plants and trees and little pools of water with tiny waterfalls are beautiful and comforting to frozen Alaskans.

After our little "photo shoot," Joel and Makenzie had their annual doctor visits. They both did SO well, even Joel who had to have two shots! Joel is in the 90th percentile for his height and weight; Makenzie's in the 45th. That just cracks me up, but I'm so glad that two of my boys are big and my princess is petite. Seth is just right for Seth :-) After the doctor appointments, we went to City Diner as a treat for them for doing so well.

-------------------------------------------------

today's song: "East to West" by Casting Crowns

I start the day the war begins
Endless reminding of my sin
Time and time again
Your Truth is drowned out by the storm I'm in
Today I feel like I'm just one mistake away
From You leaving me this way

Jesus can You show me
Just how far the East is from the West
Cause I can't bear to see the man I've been
Come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
Cause You know just how far the East is from the West
From one scarred hand to the other

I know You've washed me white
Turned my darkness into light
I need Your peace to get me through
To get me through this night
I can't live by what I feel
But by the truth Your Word reveals

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008