Friday, May 7, 2010

first walk of the summer

Joel begged and guilt-tripped me into going for a walk to the creek this afternoon. I would really have rather stayed in the house, but I'm glad we took the time to go outside! We've been having BEAUTIFUL sunny weather lately. It was nice to be outside enjoying it.


We also got to see a dead octopus that some teenagers found in the creek. YUCK!!!! I'm still wondering how in the world it got there. I'm pretty sure that little creek is not the natural habitat for an octopus. So what kind of sicko puts something like that in a creek?!

Seth makes me SO nervous on the bridge. There's not enough water in the creek to be dangerous since I'm right there with him, but I do NOT want to fish him or his shoes out of that nasty water!!! Especially with a dead octopus right there :-(


Seth had a GREAT first week at school. I got comments from his teacher and both teacher's aids about how wonderful Seth is, how much everyone loves Seth, and how quickly Seth catches on to classroom routines. His teacher even THANKED me for putting him in school. One afternoon, one of the school secretaries was walking out to her car when we were headed to our van, and she told me that everyone really wishes that Seth had been there the whole school year. Every day, Seth comes out holding his teacher's hand and smiling. This is turning out to be a fantastic experience!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy things are going well with Seth!! Good job, Mama!!!

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008