Friday, March 4, 2011

toothless/re-decorating/migraines


Luke lost his other top front tooth at Awana Wednesday night. It was barely hanging on, so he let one of the leaders pull it out. He would scream if I touched it, but he let some guy from church yank it out. I don't get it! Anyway, he's so cute with his "All I Want for Christmas" mouth!! That's one less tooth for the dentist to have to deal with in a couple weeks. Luke has a problem with teeth not getting loose enough to fall out before the permanent teeth grow in.

My computer wall is complete:


I found this picture somewhere on the internet and had an enlargement made for my wall. I'm pretty sure it's a sunset at Wonder Lake in Denali National Park. I have a "thing" for sunrises and sunsets, especially in Alaska where God seems to just get ultra-creative with the sky colors. My picture of the picture doesn't really show how beautiful it is.


Today starts Spring Break for Seth. Jason's out of town with Joel today, so Seth got to spend a few hours with his cousins at Aunt Amanda's house. He didn't get upset at all about my leaving him there. He just threw off his coat and shoes, scooted up the stairs, and joined Gavin. So unlike the daily guilt trip I get when I leave him at school!

I've had two "migraine" days in row :-( Wednesday, I woke up with a headache. I took a little nap in the clinic waiting room while Seth was in speech therapy, managed to get through the afternoon somehow, then slept for a couple hours at home while the kids did I have no idea what (I'm guessing they were watching t.v. with Jason). Thankfully, that one went away with that last nap so that I could make dinner and get everyone to bed. Yesterday, however, was a different story. My kids showed just how great they are because yesterday's headache started at about noon and didn't leave until about 2:00 this morning. I got the kids safely home from school and went right to bed, apologizing for being such a rotten mother. I threw some corndogs in the oven, put the laundry away (which Makenzie had folded and put in the basket!), set the cooked corndogs (at least I hope they were fully cooked) on top of the stove and the drinks on the counter, and went back to bed. Makenzie took care of everyone. She got the boys to get their drinks and food and later put the dishes in the sink. Today she told me that everything went just fine and that they watched a movie and played some card games. I must have gotten them ready for bed, but I don't remember it. Overall, I slept for about 13 hours last night. This Headache from Hell is threatening to return today, but I'm refusing to allow it!! Makenzie needs a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008