Sunday, January 8, 2012

new beginning

Amanda took this picture of us on New Year's Eve, or on New Year's Day to be more precise. I believe it was 12:05 a.m. :-) I've known, of course, for a very long time that I was overweight, but pictures sure do emphasize the point!
Starting 1-1-12, I have been counting calories and exercising again. I made my calorie intake goal very high for the first week so that I would be sure to succeed at the beginning. The exercise is more difficult to follow through on because by the time dinner is over, I'm exhausted and just want to read a couple chapters and go to sleep. But I've been walking on the treadmill or pedaling my little i-don't-know-what-the-technical-name-for-it-is thingy (it's just the pedals of a stationary bike, no wheels, no seat -- i sit on the couch and pedal). Since last Sunday (1-1-12), I have lost five pounds and one inch of fat. I'm pretty excited about that!! But as this picture proved, five pounds isn't much. It's a great beginning, though.
I still have nine full months before I get on the plane to Illinois, and I'm hoping that's enough time to make a significant change in my size. I don't want to barely fit into that little seat. I want to see space on either side of me!! So with this new beginning of "dieting," I found a beautiful reminder in flowers since "new beginnings" is the symbolic meaning of daffodils (probably why they're so popular at Easter time -- spring, new life, Jesus rose from the dead to give us new life and hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008