Thursday, June 25, 2009

earthquake

I forgot to write about the earthquake we had on Monday, I think it was. We had a five-point-something earthquake I'm not sure how far from Anchorage, but I didn't even feel it. A friend called me up, very excited (like shocked and almost upset excited), "Did you FEEL that earthquake?! OH MY!!!! Everything started shaking in my house!" And my reply was, "Nope, didn't feel a thing." Why did I not feel a five-point-something earthquake? Because I was on the couch trying to watch a movie (a.k.a. trying to take a nap) while my two little boys made constant earthquake-like activity all over me and the couch. I'm afraid the epicenter of the earthquake could've been in my own front yard and I still wouldn't have felt it -- but I wouldn't want to test that theory ever!

It's been a pretty fun week with just Luke, Seth, and me together at home, therapy, and errands. Today we went to Toys R Us and bought Luke a little kid golf putting set and croquet set (the croquet set is a replacement of the one he got on his birthday but broke before we ever got to play it). We played in our upstairs hallway -- a little cramped, but we had fun! He lost every game we played today because I just don't believe in letting someone win. I'm sure that doesn't sound very nice, but I always apologize for winning and tell the kids how GREAT they did and how proud I am of them if they lose with a good attitude (does that make it any better?). Joel and Makenzie have been going to outdoor camp at the school where Jason works (Jason and his friend are running the camp) and are gone from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tomorrow is the last day of the camp. It's been pretty peaceful all week -- maybe I should find another kind of camp for them to attend :-)

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who let her kids win everything they ever played (her husband, did, too). Around the age of 8 or 9 they turned into literal monsters when they didn't win when playing with their friends.

    My friend told me, "Letting them always win might have been a mistake." No, really?

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008