Friday, June 5, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!

Today is my mom's birthday!!!! I won't tell the world how old she is, but only because I didn't ask her first. My mom has always been the kind of person who doesn't care who knows how old she is (at least that's the impression I have -- now that I think of it, maybe she made comments like "it's just a number" when talking about MY age, not hers). Well, whether it's the whole truth or just my own impression, she passed it on to me -- another thing to thank her for! Some people get so "bent out of shape" when someone mentions AGE. Mom and I just DON'T! I make senior citizen jokes to mom all the time, and she just laughs (maybe partly because she doesn't quite qualify as a true senior citizen yet, but partly because she enjoys life regardless of what number or label might get attached to her). I didn't care one bit about turning 30, and I won't care at all about turning 40 in a little over three years. My mom is a GREAT role model for enjoying life at any age :-)


Today is also Mom & Dale's anniversary. I think they got married on her birthday because they knew "old age" was coming and they were less likely to forget the date this way :-) (sorry I don't have a better picture saved on my computer to put on here -- this one shows Mom and Dale's true character, though -- they had just gotten off an umpteen-hour flight from Illinois to Alaska, but would rather enjoy their grandchildren together than take a nap)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!! and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MOM & DALE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008