Tuesday, June 30, 2009

surgery date is moved up

Makenzie was supposed to have oral surgery at the end of July, but now she's having it tomorrow afternoon. (I wrote all about it a couple weeks ago.) This is SUCH a relief since Jason is going to be out of town on the originally scheduled date. He's off work Wednesday through Sunday this week, which will be just perfect for keeping the boys away from Makenzie while she recuperates. Makenzie and I are both pretty nervous; but this surgery has to be done, so we know we just have to deal with it.

I took a couple pictures of the boys Sunday. Seth looked SO adorable in his little church shirt!


Seth likes to pick up leaves and touch them against the palm of his hand. He gets VERY upset if anyone tries to take it away.


I don't often buy matching clothes for the boys, but Luke and I went shopping last week and found this shirt on clearance sale. Joel didn't mind being twins with his little brother (which really surprised me), so I had to get a picture, of course.


Luke has started drawing occasionally. This is what he drew today -- a VERY good picture of his new Ninja Turtle monster truck. I was quite impressed.


We watched a movie while we ate dinner tonight, and one of the characters said something that I can really relate to. She said that when she grew up and had kids, she would never let them out of her sight even for a second because you never know if that will be the last second that you get to be with them. I'm not quite that obsessive -- I do let them go to school and some other places without me. But the concept is true, although I hate to think along morbid lines -- I don't know if this will be the last second I have with them, so I need to remember to value every second that I get to be with these four precious people.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008