Sunday, October 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me :-)

Today's my birthday :-) I'm 37 years old, only three years away from 40 and only 13 years away from 50 -- at which time my oldest children will all be in college, God willing :-)

Anyway, my beautiful birthday cake was too gorgeous to desecrate with candles, so I skipped that tradition this year. Andrea, my next door neighbor, decorated this cake. She does REALLY great work!!!!!




My favorite part of the cake is the little thin green swirls :-)


I bought this watch a week or two ago -- it has abalone on the band. And then today, I received an abalone ring, bracelet, and necklace! BEAUTIFUL!!


Makenzie gave me the movie Becoming Jane -- SUCH a good movie!!!! Very sad, emotional, a little overwhelming to me in a few parts, but I'm REALLY looking forward to watching it again this week!

Makenzie wanted to see how my new glasses look on her. I told her to keep her eyes closed because my glasses are pretty strong. She looks like she's smelling something really nasty!


I also received gift cards to Terra Bella (my new favorite treat -- gluten-free breads, cupcakes, and muffins!) and Boston's (who recently started making gluten-free pizza!). Looking forward to using those VERY soon :-)

So THANK YOU to all the Hofackers & Nelsons for the gifts and THANK YOU to Andrea for decorating my cake and THANK YOU to everyone who sent happy birthday wishes!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I know Andrea from the Mom's Club I go to at ACC! Small world...

    So I was wondering if you have been to MiddleWay Cafe? Its in the same building as Titlewave books, and REI. Not only do they have AMAZING coffee (same brew as Terra Bella but not as expensive) BUT they sell gluten free and vegan foods, and baked goods!! I have compared prices and they are NOT as spendy as Terra Bella, and they also have a breakfast and lunch menu-yummy food!

    Now I'm not sure if they sell stuff by the loaf... so that could be the only drawback with MiddleWay. But DEFINITELY try it out : )

    ReplyDelete


The Hofacker Family 2008