Wednesday, December 2, 2009

city diner

I think I've written on here before that Wednesdays are GREAT days, partly because Seth and I go to City Diner every Wednesday after his occupational therapy appointment. After only a few times going there, sitting in the same spot, and ordering the same thing, the waitress remembered us and what we wanted to order (even the part about "no bread, PLEASE!"). When we walk in the door, all the waitresses and cooks smile at us and "our" waitress announces, "There's my baby!" We sit at the counter where "our" waitress works and wait for her to ask, "The usual?" I'm beginning to think that they start preparing our food before we even get there because today it was ready in less than five minutes.

Seth doesn't always "warm up" to people, even after knowing them or seeing them several times. He's generally a friendly little person, but he is over-the-top SWEET to people he really likes such as his mother, his therapists, and "our" waitress (to name just a few). Today, Seth was feeling pretty sleepy by the time we got to the restaurant. "Our" waitress noticed this and asked if Seth had a cold. I said that he was just tired. Seth backed up my claim by saying "sleep" and putting his head down on the counter and pretending to snore. He had the whole staff standing around laughing and watching him "sleep" and "snore"! This is Seth's gift -- laughter. "Our" waitress has told us several times that seeing Seth is the highlight of her week. He just makes people feel good! I am the most blessed woman in the world to live with this little body of encouragement every single day!

On a side note, Seth and I saw a funny license plate today: WHPTDO
(whoop tee doo!) I love funny license plates; they are little bits of humor on my drives all over town :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Hofacker Family 2008